We are located in the Thompson building on the corner of Harvey and Barrington Streets.
Thank you for your interest in registering for the IELTS test at East Coast Language College (ECLC).
ECLC is the exclusive IDP IELTS Test Centre in Atlantic Canada. ECLC has been operating since 1998 and is locally owned and operated. Register for your exam with us to support the local economy.
Many tests fill up several weeks before the test date so it is best to register early. Registration closes either when seats are full or a few days before the test.
- The cost of taking the IELTS test:
- Halifax is $310 (HST Inc.)
- Sydney is $329 (HST Inc.)
- Moncton is $310 (HST Inc.)
- Fredericton is $329 (HST Inc.)
- Saint John is $329 (HST Inc.)
- No refunds are given for no-shows, transfers or cancellations within 5 weeks of the test date.
- Cancellations or transfers with more than 5-weeks’ notice are subject to a $40 administration fee.
- Only two forms of identification are accepted: a valid passport or Canadian Permanent Resident Card.
- East Coast Language College reserves the right to cancel any test. Candidates will be informed of any cancellations seven days prior.
Important: You MUST have the original identification you used when registering for the test in hand on test day. Otherwise, you will not be permitted to take the test and you will forfeit your test fee.
You can also register by email, mail, or in person.
1. To register by email or regular mail, please submit the following documents:
*note: we do not require pictures to be submitted with your application
- a photocopy of your valid identification (passport or Permanent Resident card), number, picture and signature must be visible on the photocopy.
- a completed, signed Application Form
- a Credit Card Authorization Form (or certified cheque or money order made out to East Coast Language College)
Email these documents to:
Or send via mail to:
IELTS Test Centre
East Coast School of Languages
1256 Barrington Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
You will receive an email confirmation once your application has been received.
2. To register in person:
Please bring your passport or Permanent Resident Card to East Coast Language College (ECLC) during the following hours:
Monday to Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30pm
Fridays 8:00am to 1:30 pm
ECLC is located at 1256 Barrington Street. Our entrance is on Harvey Street. You will see a bright red canopy with our name on it above our front door.